There’s no holding back a truly great ad – and DraftFCB’s Mitre 10 Sandpit is proving that it’s already a classic. This month it returns to the M+AD Top 10 (at #2) a remarkable six years after it was created (in 2008).
At #1 today – for the second month in a row – is Saatchi’s Telecom Giganaire.
The fastest-rising ads this month were FCB’s Vodafone Bowlcut and Assignment’s Purina Herding Cats.
The June Top 10
- Telecom Giganaire, Saatchi & Saatchi, Curious (director Robin Walters)
- Mitre 10 Sandpit, DraftFCB, Exposure (dir Kevin Denholm)
- Vodafone SuperNet Bowlcut, FCB, Robber’s Dog (dir Adam Stevens)
- Purina Herding Cats, Assignment Group, Robber’s Dog (Adam Stevens)
- Pak’n’Save Stickmen series, FCB, Waxeye (Paul James/Paul Carter)
- NZI Devil’s Chair, FCB, Assembly (dir Damon Duncan)
- Toyota (Non-specific)
- Tasti Bar Home Made in NZ, Contagion, Watermark Animation.
- Burger King The Butchers Stack, Colenso BBDO.
- NZTA Everyone Makes Mistakes, Clemenger BBDO, Finch.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS …
#1 Telecom Giganaire
- “My favorite cos it’s funny, catchy and well done”
- “because it’s a rap and it’s really catchy”
- “Telecom Giganaire advert is my favorite at the moment. I like the creativity of it and the music is really catchy. Not like any other adverts I have seen before either”
- “because it has a catchy tune”
- “Telecom’s Giganaire ad – it’s very catchy and funny!”
- “The Telecom broadband Giganaire one. It’s just so bad that it’s amazingly good.”
#2 Mitre 10 Sandpit
- “The Mitre 10 DIY ad with the kids in the playground and the Kiwi vs Aussie humour. Kids are cute and it’s a funny ad.”
- “Mitre 10 ad with kids talking in sandpit about renovations … ‘You’re dreaming mate’…”
- “Mitre 10 ad with the kids. It is funny and the kids are cute plus some Aussie banter in there as well.”
- “The Mitre 10 ad with the three little boys – two Kiwis and one Australian. I just love the expressions on the boys’ faces.”
- “Mitre 10 ad with the children doing the DIY. It is appealing and funny”
- “The Mitre 10 ad with kids going to build a retaining wall. The boys are gorgeous!”
#3 Vodafone SuperNet Bowlcut
- “It’s funny and makes you imagine that anything is possible. It’s crazy and has a message for people to remember.”
- “The bowl cut ad where the guy doesn’t have a phone or something so he misses out on the essential bowl cut trend. I like it because it’s really stupid.”
- “Vodafone, bowl cut ad, so effective at getting the point across in a way that is funny.”
- “The Vodafone bowl haircut advert. It shows ironically how important it is to be in touch but also conversely how mind numbing that can actually become.”
- “Vodafone ‘Bowl Cut’ ad. It appeals to my sense of humour.”
#4 Purina Herding Cats
#5 Pak’n’Save Stickmen
#6 NZI Devil’s Chair
#7 Toyota (Non-specific)
#8 Tasti Bar Home Made in NZ
#9 Burger King The Butchers Stack
#10 NZTA Everyone Makes Mistakes
The TVC Top 10 is produced by Colmar Brunton (colmarbrunton.co.nz) exclusively for M+AD (however, anybody may reproduce all or parts of it without authorisation – but we do ask for a M+AD credit).
Colmar Brunton polled 1000 New Zealanders (aged 18+) online between June 4 and June 11 for this latest Top 10. Respondents were incentivised with Fly Buys reward points, and the poll has a margin of error of +/- 2.6%.
Share this Post