NZME has established a new division called CreateMe which brings together all of their core commercial content creators and commercial strategists.
Group revenue director Laura Maxwell says it’s about providing market leading and innovative sales solutions under one umbrella.
“The CreateMe team includes all of our specialist powerhouses within NZME in one place, working with clients to generate innovative solutions to their business problems, and creating content solutions that attract, involve and engage audiences, is core to our business and the advantage is clients are now able to tap into these specialised skillsets to craft solutions across our audio, video, print, digital, events and experiential platforms,” Maxwell says.
CreateMe will be led by managing director Fiona McLeod who has more than 20 years’ experience in UK and global media markets. Most recently she was head of client services for the world’s biggest international newspaper network, Metro International and partners, spanning 60 plus countries across four continents.
Maxwell says McLeod’s experience in global creative cross-platform sales partnerships is outstanding. “Fiona’s international experience is significant; she’s the guru when it comes to managing sales, marketing, editorial and production teams and we are very excited to have secured Fiona for this new role heading up CreateMe.”
McLeod says having seen what NZME is doing she is very excited about the role.
“I’m thrilled to have been given such a fantastic opportunity at NZME at a really exciting time, and to be working for such a powerhouse in the New Zealand marketplace. Having spent the last eight years
helping global clients solve problems with creative thinking and big ideas across many countries and platforms, leading the CreateMe charge is the perfect challenge and one I can’t wait to begin.
“I firmly believe that amazing people with fantastic ideas are capable of wonderful things, which
clients are crying out for! It is this creativity that will help drive CreateMe forward and lift us head and shoulders above the competition.”
Included within CreateMe is:
- NZME Experiential – led by Mike Lane, the brain behind the Alternative Commentary Collective and creator of many experiential and brand engagement campaigns, Experiential brings brands and
- consumers together in the real world, creating authentic and engaging campaigns through insightful strategy, extensive planning, and precise execution and delivery. “NZME Experiential’s unique position in the market allows us to amplify client campaigns with national and local audiences through talent, media placement, brand experiences, audience engagement and user generated content,” says McLeod.
- Branded Content – While content marketing is the current international marketing phenomenon, creating content is nothing new to NZME. The head of this area, Dallas Gurney, has a wealth of content creation experience as content director at Classic Hits (re-branded The Hits), and GM of Talk, leading NewstalkZB and Radio Sport for over five years. “Brand Insight, Sponsored Stories and Custom Publishing products are a great off-the-shelf way to shape an opinion and influence ideas,” Mceod says. At the other end, we can create an entire campaign of bespoke content across all of our platforms, plus we create content on behalf of clients for distribution on their own platforms,” says McLeod.
- NZME Vision – launched this week, NZME Vision is NZME’s new broadcast production studio. In addition to the programming content Vision produces, the team also creates bespoke video content for their commercial partners for delivery on and off the NZME network. Vision is lead creatively by Matt Heath and Jeremy Wells, and Cameron Death is the acting commercial lead.
- Strategy and Planning – Led by Nina Bialostocki, GM strategy and planning, the strategy and planning unit provides the strategic thinking and insights to support NZME’s content and creative ideas teams.
Share this Post