A group of NZ agencies and media – including O&M, Acumen Republic, Ikon, and Satellite Media – are backing Coca-Cola’s Designated Driver progamme, launched this week in Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton and Christchurch.
The campaign aims to reward sober drivers who text ‘Driver’ to 345 with drink vouchers – interactive billboards outside the participating venues thank them by name, using an automatically generated message connected to their phones.
Whether you put your hand up, or it’s your turn to get behind the wheel for your mates, being the designated driver definitely has its perks with Coca-Cola shouting free non-alcoholic drinks this summer.
The media includes:
- Social media advertising and a paid influencer campaign across Instagram and Facebook.
- Interactive Adshels and billboards/OOH advertising in the four region involved (Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch).
- Proactive PR campaign interview with regional and national media.
- POS in participating bars and restaurants.
- The partners are sharing content across their own channels including online and social.
The campaign from November to January is being run with the support of Auckland Transport and Hospitality New Zealand.
Auckland outlets include: Crab Shack, Danny Doolans, Degree Gastrobar, Double Happy, Euro, Fort Street Union, Habana Joes, La Zeppa, O’Hagan’s Irish Pub, Occidental Belgian Beer Café, Orleans, Sardine, SkyCity Restaurant & Bar, Twenty One, Andy’s Burgers & Bar, Sweat Shop Brew Bar, Talulah, Britomart Country Club, Lula Inn, White & Wong’s, and Velvet Burger.
Client: The Coca-Cola Company
Creative: Ogilvy & Mather (NZ) and Ogilvy Australia
PR: Acumen Republic (NZ)
Media agency: Ikon Communications (NZ)
Social: Social Media Centre
Web: Satellite Media (NZ)
- Go to www.coke.co.nz/driver for a full list of participating bars and restaurants.
Share this Post