Austin, Texas, October 27: Sizmek (NASDAQ: SZMK), an open ad management company for multiscreen campaigns, today released its latest edition of the Sizmek Index, this time examining video advertising adoption and trends across several consumer verticals.
The report includes:
- Video advertising overview. (Page 1).
- lean back vs lean forward and media absorption text and chart.
- the strategic pairing approach.
- Some juicy APAC growth and video ad start stats.
- the vertical data – CPG (FMCG) leading the way as expected.
- the data point about the jump in mobile advertising. (chart, page 8)
The benchmark report finds that brand marketers are not taking full advantage of the opportunity to execute more integrated digital video marketing campaigns. Out of 4000 advertisers that served in-stream video ads or rich media ads with video over a three-year period, only 18% used both.
Still, the report, which analysed video ads from 2013, 2014 and 2015, illustrates that video in general is becoming a much bigger part of marketers’ strategies to engage their audiences. From 2013 to 2015, digital ads including video rose from 9% percent to 15% –a 40% increase in just two years.
“Video has become an exceptionally important medium for brands today, and marketers have more choices than ever, from the more passive in-stream to engaging rich-media ads with video,” said Andy Kahl, research director at Sizmek. “This study shows that although there has been swift adoption of the medium, most marketers are still learning how to effectively execute a digital advertising strategy that comprises multiple types of video.
“There is still a lot of opportunity for marketers to reach new and existing audiences with content outside the realm of a repurposed television spot.”
- Video ads in 1H 2015 had a start rate of 62.5%, up from 40.5% in the same period of 2013
- The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Entertainment and Auto verticals leveraged video ads the most (22%, 20% and 10% of all video ads served, respectively).
- There is opportunity for video in rich media advertising, as nearly 11% of ads served in 2015 were rich media, but fewer than 5% of those rich media ads included video.
- While EMEA saw the most growth since 2013 at 160%, North America saw the most growth in video in 2015 at 52%, followed by APAC at just under 50%.
The complete Sizmek Video Index can be viewed in full at go.sizmek.com/video-index-2015.
Sizmek Open Ad Management brings freedom of choice to end-to-end advertising. With a single point of access to the best technology, data, and strategic guidance—and the flexibility to choose solutions that fit their strategies—more than 42,000 advertisers, agencies, publishers, and trading desks create inspiring, seamless advertising campaigns that connect them to their customers around the world easily and effectively. Open and independent, Sizmek’s wide range of technology and data is bolstered by integrations with more than 100 partners providing leading solutions for attribution, data management, audience measurement, search engine marketing, creative authoring, and more. Sizmek operates in more than 70 countries, with local offices providing award-winning service throughout North America, EMEA, LATAM, and APAC.
Share this Post