CANNES, Suday: The line-up for the 2019 Lions International Festival of Creativity includes two new Lions categories – the Entertainment Lion for Sport and the Creative Strategy Lions, while the Product Design Lion has been retired.
The festival organisers have also revealed the identity of the 27 jury presidents who will lead specialist juries at the 66th edition of the festival.
These jury presidents span the Cannes Lions Awards architecture, introduced last year, which includes nine ‘awards tracks’. These tracks provide an organising structure to enable entrants to navigate the Lions and also reflect the diversity and specialism of the work from the creative communications industry.
The juries will have the responsibility of curating a body of work that will represent 2018 and set the tone for the creative year ahead.
“This shift in disciplines of Lions represents the changing industry landscape and how the future of creativity is evolving.”
Cannes Lions chairman Philip Thomas said: “To win a Cannes Lion demonstrates creative excellence. It’s inspiring work that stands out for its innovation, impact and effectiveness. In awarding a Lion, the juries are recognising the best creative output from the year gone by but also signalling the future of creativity.
“Our jury presidents are pivotal in this process, themselves having demonstrated their creative credentials in guiding teams, organisations and brands to set exemplary standards. We’re extremely proud to have their talent and experience to lead this year’s juries in setting the benchmark for creativity going forward.”
The 2019 jury line-up includes two new Lions; the Entertainment Lion for Sport and the Creative Strategy Lions while the Product Design Lion has been retired. This shift in disciplines of Lions represents the changing industry landscape and how the future of creativity is evolving.
The 2019 Cannes Lions jury presidents (not an Antipodean among them) are …
- Film Lions: Margaret Johnson, CCO, Goodby Silverstein & Partners, USA.
- Radio & Audio Lions: Jose Miguel Sokoloff, global president, MullenLowe Group UK.
- Outdoor Lions: John Patroulis, worldwide chief creative officer, Grey Global.
- Print & Publishing Lions: Olivier Altmann, ceo & CCO, Altmann + Pacreau, France.
- Design Lions: Richard Ting, global chief experience officer & US CCO, R/GA Global.
- Mobile Lions: Ari Weiss, CCO, DDB Worldwide, North America.
- Titanium Lions: David Lubars, CCO worldwide, chairman North America, BBDO.
- Industry Craft Lions: Trevor Robinson, founder & ECD, Quiet Storm, UK.
- Digital Craft Lions: Rei Inamoto, founding partner, Inamoto & Co, USA.
- Film Craft Lions: Rebecca Skinner, managing director / executive producer, Superprime Films, USA.
- Entertainment Lions: Scott Donaton, global chief creative & content officer, Digitas, Global.
- Entertainment Lions for Sport: Steve Stoute, founder & ceo, Translation Enterprises, USA.
- Brand Experience & Activation Lions: Jaime Mandelbaum, CCO, VMLY&R, Europe.
- Creative eCommerce Lions: Daniel Bonner, global chief creative officer, Wunderman, Global.
- Sustainable Development Goals Lions: David Droga, founder and creative chairman, Droga5, Global.
- Glass: The Lion for Change: Jaime Robinson, CCO, Joan Creative, Global, USA.
- Pharma Lions: Robin Shapiro, global president, TBWA\WorldHealth.
- Health & Wellness Lions: Shaheed Peera, ECD, Publicis LifeBrands, Publicis Resolute and Real Science, Global.
- Creative Effectiveness Lions: John Seifert, worldwide chief executive, Ogilvy, Global.
- Innovation Lions: Bill Yom, global creative director, Cheil Worldwide, South Korea.
- Creative Strategy Lions: Tracey Follows, founder, Futuremade, Global, UK.
- Creative Data Lions: Yasuharu Sasaki, head of digital creative and ECD, Dentsu Japan.
- Social & Influencer Lions: PJ Pereira, co-founder & creative chairman, Pereira O’Dell, Global.
- PR Lions: Michelle Hutton, managing director, Global Clients, Edelman, Global.
- Direct Lions: Nicky Bullard, Chairwoman & CCO, MRM McCann, UK.
The jury presidents will join their full juries at Cannes Lions where the winning work will be awarded each evening from Monday 17 June to Friday 21 June. Entries open on Thursday 17 January 2019.
Share this Post