Are you an award-winning senior design perfectionist, who curates brand, and enjoys seeing the two creative worlds of pixel and paper come together in complete perfection? If so, you’re probably ready to politely step up to director ranks and take charge of all things design in this growing boutique studio.
Is it time to take your award-winning creative career into a leadership role where your ideas and vision for brand will be heard? Are you a naturally talented and highly conceptual person, on point with the latest design trends in the world of fashion, hospitality, retail, interiors, property, luxury goods, and FMCG?
Our client, a growing boutique Auckland creative agency, is looking for an up-and-coming or well-established Design Director, looking for a new career challenge and is ready to lead from the top.
This newly established leadership role works closely with existing owners, all clients, and encompasses all the skills and expertise of brand, design systems, campaign, ideation, web, interior, placemaking, photography, film, and some other niche areas of branded content.
The newly appointed design director will take charge of the studio’s design product-making work that embraces new brands, community environments, interiors, some technology, and overall marketing material. They’ll be ready to step up, mentoring clients and managing freelance suppliers – with confidence and autonomy. Self-managed leadership is key in this role, as is confidence working with and presenting to demanding clients.
This is an opportunity to be close to the agency owners, learn from the people at the top, with the opportunity of becoming a partner in an exciting business set for growth.
Apply today if you want to motivate, earn more, and be rewarded for your hard work and award winning career.
We are looking for a Design leader with:
- Min 10 years’ working in an advertising or design studio
- Experience in luxury industries
- Award-winning portfolio
- International experience a bonus
- Proven ideation and design development for large commercial clients
- Can lead the development and delivery of creative projects hinged on strong brand principles and marketing strategies
- Proven in expanding brand identity systems across varied applications
- High-level understanding of content production
- Across brand voice and can effectively work with writers
- Great client and stakeholder presentation skills
- Can manage other creative suppliers, specialists, freelancers
- Able to share direction and articulate feedback with the design team
- Leadership expertise
- And of course across the tech suite of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Are you someone who can…
- Win the awards
- Lead and motivate a design team
- Apply drive and confidence for clients
- Innovative and be curious
- Stay focused when projects pivot
- Salary $160,000 per annum + Kiwisaver
- Bonus Scheme
- Array of benefits
- City Fringe Location (West)
- WFH 4/1 Split
- Computer & Tech Package
- Relevant tertiary design qualification
If this exciting leadership role appeals, apply today or contact recruitment director, Leighton Howl at email@example.com or 021 702 573 with a top-line summary of why you may be interested.
Share this Post