Are you a senior designer with prospective and promise, who loves brand, and enjoys creating positive change? Or are you someone emerging to senior ranks and ready to take charge delivering compelling and authentic brands?
Our client, a trans-Tasman Design agency who is a driving force for positive change, is looking for a Designer Director to join their Auckland office. The successful candidate will help lead of the studio’s design direction to produce work that embraces brand, digital, campaign and technology to drive engagement to business benefits of a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
You’ll know how to co-design and collaborate with other senior creative professionals yet be able to demonstrate confidence and autonomy working in an open studio environment. You will always be thinking one step ahead and have a natural understanding of the clients ‘bigger picture’ needs and requirements.
Self-management is key in this role, you will need to be confident working with and presenting to internal and external stakeholders. You will be creating and delivering creative projects that elevate the clients brand in a competitive NZ marketplace, but most importantly connects and engages customers through quality design thinking.
This is an opportunity to be close to the founders and learning from the people at the top, leading new growth in the new discipline of brands New Zealand wide. Apply today if you are looking for a role that encompasses all things brand within the two worlds of creative and digital.
Sound like you? Apply today
We are looking for a senior Design Director with:
- Min 8-years’ working in an advertising or design agency
- Experience leading other studio designers
- Award winning portfolio (a bonus)
- Strong conceptual design thinking
- Worked across brand strategy, prior to design application
- Ability to take the creative lead on new varied creative projects
- Experience across various traditional design and digital applications
- Strong understanding of UI Design principles
- Experience managing external partners – including Photographers, Illustrators etc.
- Confidence managing your own work pipeline to deliver different projects simultaneously
- Strong at presenting to various stakeholders
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Happy working with a freelance copywriter/s or Brand Strategists (as required)
Are you someone who is…
- A design leader and motivator?
- Creative, curious, passionate?
- Always thinking one step ahead?
- Salary $120-130k per annum
- Social environment, well connected with the design community
- Relevant tertiary design qualification
- Must have the full right to work in NZ and currently reside here
This role offers the opportunity to grow your career work on diverse projects, in new disciplines, interesting dynamic clients and enter the odd award-winning piece of brand work.
If this role appeals, apply today or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief summary of why you may be interested. Or call Pond Recruitment Director Leighton Howl directly on 021 702 573 for a confidential chat.
About The Pond
The Pond is committed to becoming New Zealand’s number one specialist recruiter in the Digital & Tech, Creative & Design, and Marketing & Sales sectors. We focus on finding the best candidates in the local and overseas market, that last the distance and help transform our clients’ businesses. Established in 2006, The Pond is driven by a dedicated team of experienced recruiters and support team who get results for clients daily. Our audited placement average is 4.6 years, so the people we place do stick.
Share this Post