AUCKLAND, Today: The use of lovable characters and emotional storytelling has seen ASB’s Ben & Amy voted New Zealand’s favourite tv ad this summer in insight agency TRA’s latest round of research.
TRA strategist Lloyd Thomason said: “I am not surprised Ben & Amy had topped the list for the second time since March 2021 as their story clearly engages Kiwis.
“Like Goldstein before them, Ben & Amy are well on their way to becoming iconic and instantly recognisable brand characters for ASB.
“The storytelling of Trustpower’s Meant To Be Together and Westpac’s Together Greater saw the campaigns take second and third place respectively. In comparison to ASB however, connection back to the brand was weaker.”
TRA surveyed a representative sample of 1250 Kiwis, 18-60 years old, “What’s your favourite ad on TV at the moment?”
“Like Goldstein before them, Ben & Amy are becoming iconic and instantly recognisable brand characters for ASB.”
New Zealanders’ 10 favourite ads
- ASB Ben & Amy’s Little Window Shopper (WiTH Collective): www.bit.ly/34wdqPP
- Trustpower Three-legged dog (Art & Industry, CPD Films/Chris Dudman): www.bit.ly/364TlQN
- Westpac Together Greater (DDB, Publicis Media): www.bit.ly/3szFwBD
- Pak’nSave Stickman (FCB creative, PHD media): www.bit.ly/34R0bc3
- McDonald’s New Mac Family (DDB, OMD)
- Sky Introducing The Watch/Life Needs More Sky (DDB, OMD)
- ANZ Sameer becomes a Black Cap (TBWA\, PHD, Goodoil): www.bit.ly/3JmnTfi
- NZTA/Waka Kotahi Safe Limits: www.bit.ly/3Lu39nD
- KFC general promotions (Stanley St)
- V Energy Bug road trip: www.bit.ly/3rJHct1
Share this Post