AUCKLAND, Tuesday: Stuff has announced the 10 shortlisted entries for its inaugural The Paper Planes print advertising competition. The finalists will be judged by UK creative legend Sir John Hegarty, who will announce the winner at a lunch event in Auckland in just a fortnight – on Monday 3 February.
The Paper Planes competition is designed to showcase print advertising’s relevance and effectiveness. The finalists were selected by Stuff ad director Josh Borthwick, GM Ben Rose, and CD Kyle Morris.
“The selection committee was blown away by the high calibre of entrants,” Borthwick said.
“The finalists made clever use of newspapers as a medium, provided cut-through and elegant, powerful messages for the wide variety of brands represented.”
The finalists are:
- The Business Marketing Group: Wattie’s Tomato Sauce
- Snowball Effect: Striking a Deal
- Rainger & Rolfe: nib Health Insurance Here to be Used
- Rainger & Rolfe : Texas Chicken Seriously Spicy
- Ikon Comms: 2degrees Shop Local
- Hunch: SkyCity A New Perspective
- Hunch: Homecare Medical/Quitline Escape with Quitline
- FCB: WWF Old News
- DOC: Paper Trails
- YoungShand: NZ Blood Service: The World’s Biggest Reserve Bench
Hegarty said: “The medium of print is becoming increasingly important. In a world of fake news, driven by social media, the power of the printed word has become ever more valuable.
Borthwick said: “The quality of entries is testament to the fact newspapers still occupy an important position in the advertising mix and in the lives of readers and local communities.
“We were looking for a mix of innovation, strategic insight, contribution to the reader experience and art direction, crafting powerful messages that would be effective in real-world campaigns.
“We weren’t disappointed and Sir John will have a tough task to select the winner.”
- More here: www.paperplanes.stuff.co.nz
Share this Post