AUCKLAND, Friday: Media agency OMD NZ has helpfully distributed “an objective” perspective of the numbers in the GFK’s S2 2022 Radio Survey …
- We have seen total listenership (AP10+) decrease 0.5% survey on survey.
- AP18-39 audience: NZME continues to pick up share for the second survey in a row (+1.35%). Independents show little growth and MediaWorks sees a –1.22% decrease.
- AP25-54 audience: MediaWorks grows 1.33% with NZME decreasing 1.34%. ZB seems to have corrected from COVID peaks and returning to normal audience levels.
- HHS with Kids:In direct contrast to last survey, MediaWorks showing growth of 3% while NZME sees a 3.59% decrease.mMediaWorks gains share across key demographics and remains the leading commercial radio network in NZ – largely attributed to a lift in audience from Breeze.
- ZB has returned to normal listening levels post-covid peaks.
- We’re not going to see any full results for Today FM until early next year.
The survey period for S2 2022 was 10 April to 18 June.
The OMD summary said: “GFK monitors and releases radio listenership four times a year. Hot off the back of this information, radio networks select their stories in favour of their stations.”
Share this Post