Tickets are reportedly going fast for TEDxAuckland, the annual ideas festival set to return for its first multi-day event on Thursday & Friday May 5 & 6 at Shed 10, Queens Wharf. Among the specialist speakers are former Saatchi Digital CD Matt Shirtclife, and former Y&R CD Vaughn Davis.
Elliott Blade, TEDxAuckland’s licensee, promises the event will be quite different to the previous seven Auckland events.
“Shed 10 provides an amazing venue for our partners and local producers to host a world class, fully catered event,” he says.
“Not only will 1000 attendees get an amazing theatre experience with local and international speakers and performances but they’ll join together for a two-hour long lunch on the Friday afternoon; that’s going to be something special.”
This year’s theme Flipside speaks to the perspective you get from seeing an old problem in a new way, sidestepping power structures, gender, race, and geography and turning hierarchies on their head, putting ideas ahead of ideology.
The first round of speakers …
- Cori Gonzalez-Macuer – comedian / actor / writer / man
- Georgina Lala – entrepreneur / student / environmentalist
- Joseph Driessen – education consultant / father / horse rider
- Lizzie Marvelly – musician / writer / organiser
- Matt Shirtcliffe – mental wellness advocate / farmer / creative director
- Pani Farvid – social psychologist / gender researcher / social commentator
- Rory Steyn – husband / father / former security expert for Nelson Mandela
- Sharad Paul – author / doctor / social entrepreneur
- Samuel Gibson – adventurer / entrepreneur / wheelchair designer
- Keith Ng – data nerd / journalist
“I’m amazed every year by the diversity and calibre of our speakers,” says curator Vaughn Davis. “TEDxAuckland has always been about unexpected combinations, new perspectives and sometimes completely left-field ideas. I’m buzzed to be working with this year’s group.”
Full bios are published on the TEDxAuckland website at www.tedxauckland.com.
The fully catered event runs from 3pm-9pm on Thursday the 5th and 9am to 3pm on Friday the 6th of May followed by the Long Lunch and the After Party.
Producing TEDxAuckland is a collaborative effort with: Spark, Ateed, AUT, Panuku Development, Warehouse Stationery and Meredith Connell.
- To register for TEDxAuckland, join the Facebook event page www.facebook.com/events/1739902042894998 or visit iTicket.co.nz.
Share this Post