AUCKLAND, Tuesday: Colmar Brunton and Kantar TNS collected 10 awards between them, dominating proceedings at the NZ Research Association Effectiveness Awards, held at the Hilton on Friday.
Colmar Brunton and Kantar TNS both took home two platinum awards and two gold each, plus received a further platinum award for a collaborative project completed for Māori Television.
Kantar NZ ceo Jason Shoebridge said: “In a world first for indigenous broadcasters, this complex and innovative research isolated the impact that Māori Television has on the revitalisation of te reo Māori in Aotearoa.”
Kantar TNS also received the Effective Partnership Award for work undertaken with Visit Ruapehu to help identify opportunities to carve out its own niche as a regional destination. This particular piece of work titled From maunga to moana, also received two gold awards for the Community Advancement and Business to Business categories.
“Both agencies rightly pride themselves on the impact that their work has on their clients,” Shoebridge said, “and to see this publicly recognised is a testament to the expertise of the teams in both Kantar TNS and Colmar Brunton and the collaborative relationships they have with their clients.
“It is also significant that many of our award winning entries combined market research with our strengths in areas such as big data analytics and design-led thinking to deliver superior insight, which in turn led to the impact this work had on our clients’ businesses.”
The awards – held every two years – recognise excellence in research, data and insights and honour those agencies that have a real impact on their clients’ businesses.
The judges included one agency rep – Rainger & Rolfe managing partner Ant Rainger.
“The awards – held every two years – recognise excellence in research, data and insights.”
- Symphony Research Effective Partnership Award – Kantar TNS and Visit Ruapehu – From maunga to moana – a journey to re-position Ruapehu as the home of Our Great Outdoors.
- Platinum – Perceptive International Category – Kantar TNS and Air New Zealand – Australia long haul: Taking the cake, and this time it’s not the Pavlova!
- Platinum – Nielsen Media and Advertising Category – Kantar TNS and Air New Zealand – Where to next?: Designing a brand platform to bring Air New Zealand ‘home’.
- Platinum – University of Auckland Business School Social and Community Category – Kantar TNS, Colmar Brunton and Māori Television – Whakaata Māori: How watching the box is helping to revitalise te reo Māori in Aotearoa.
- Gold – Infield International Business to Business Category – Kantar TNS and Visit Ruapehu – From maunga to moana – a journey to re-position Ruapehu as the home of Our Great Outdoors.
- Gold – Infotools Community Advancement Category – Kantar TNS and Visit Ruapehu – From maunga to moana – a journey to re-position Ruapehu as the home of Our Great Outdoors.
- Platinum – Nielsen Consumer Products Category – Colmar Brunton and Vodafone – Vodafone My Flex – How revolutionising the way Kiwis control their mobile plans built brand love for Vodafone
- Platinum – Infield International Business to Business Category – Colmar Brunton and Xero – Mapping Uncharted Territories
- Platinum – University of Auckland Business School Social and Community Category – Colmar Brunton, Kantar TNS and Māori Television – Whakaata Māori: How watching the box is helping to revitalise te reo Māori in Aotearoa.
- Gold – Nielsen Media and Advertising Category – Colmar Brunton and Fonterra – Opening up on water
- Gold – Perceptive Sustained Success Category – Colmar Brunton and TVNZ – It’s your turn to call the shots.
About Colmar Brunton
Colmar Brunton was started in 1981 by two Kiwis with a passion for taking consumer research ‘from the backroom into the boardroom’. It is now New Zealand’s best known market and social research company, with offices in Auckland and Wellington. Colmar Brunton is part of Kantar, WPP’s insights network covering more than 51 countries around the world.
About Kantar TNS
Kantar TNS New Zealand is a full-service market research based consultancy offering unique insight and in-depth understanding for businesses seeking growth strategies across the Asia Pacific region. As part of a global community of over 80 countries, the New Zealand office integrates the best of Kantar TNS global expertise with its specific local market knowledge to deliver actionable insights. Kantar TNS is part of Kantar, WPP’s insight, information and consultancy group.
Colmar Brunton and Kantar TNS New Zealand are part of WPP AUNZ, Australasia’s leading marketing communications group.
Share this Post