AUCKLAND, Today: Production & creative agency Augusto won the Supreme Business Excellence Award – NZ’s top commerce accolade – at last night’s Westpac Auckland Business Awards 2019 (Central Region).
Augusto Group also won the Excellence in International Trade category, which made it eligible for the supreme award.
Augusto’s global group ceo Michelle Walshe said: “We knew our team were amazing but it wasn’t until Leon [Augusto chief innovation officer Leon Kirkbeck] and I actually moved to New York that it really confirmed to us how brilliant Kiwis are at finding innovative solutions.
“This award is a direct reflection of the hard work our extraordinary team do for both our New Zealand and global clients.
“We are so excited with this incredible award.”
“Our team have always been empowered and very self-sufficient. They are really the ones who have strongly built the culture and core values and driven our desire to be brave and take risks.
“With NZ MD Aimee McCammon on board, and Leon and I relocating to New York, we’ve proved the company can operate without us on a day-to-day basis whilst we expand the business in New York.
“We are so excited to have the team and the business rewarded with this incredible award.”
Auckland Business Chamber ceo Michael Barnett said: “Our winners and finalists are today’s employers and tomorrow’s wealth providers. They deserve to be recognised and celebrated.”j
The ‘American agency’
Ironically, 12 months ago, Herald on Sunday reporter Claire Trevett referred to Augusto’s New York office (staffed by five Kiwis) as “the American agency” hired by Jacinda Ardern “to film her American trip”. Jacinda, of course, would’ve known the real story,
- Best Emerging Business (sponsored by Air New Zealand): Crimson Education
- Excellence in Customer Service Delivery (Barfoot & Thompson): Smart Express Ltd
- Excellence in Innovation (Ministry of Social Development): Merlot Aero Ltd
- Excellence in International Trade (Ports of Auckland): Augusto Group
- Excellence in Marketing (Soar Print): Woop!
- Excellence in Strategy and Planning (Fusion5): Height Project Management
- Employer of the Year (OfficeMax): Wendell Property
- Excellence in Community Contribution (Westpac): Elizabeth Knox Home & Hospital
- People’s Choice Award (Huawei): Bobux
- Supreme Business Excellence Award (Westpac): Augusto Group
Share this Post