NZ agencies shone brightly at Spikes Asia, which concluded in Singapore on Friday, picking up three Grand Prix, Agency of the Year, seven Golds, 16 Silvers, and five Bronzes.
- Colenso BBDO was named Agency of the Year, and staggered home with the Digital Grand Prix, five Golds and eight Silvers, and a Bronze.
- DDB Group also had a heavy load – with two Grand Prix (in Promo & Activation and Design), plus a Gold, five Silvers and three Bronzes.
- Y&R scored a Gold and two Silvers.
- Zenith Optimedia won a Gold.
- And FCB picked up two Silvers and a Bronze.
Lions Festivals ceo Philip Thomas thanked the 93 judges from across APAC who’d spent the past week reviewing 4351 entries in 18 categories, debating the work and narrowing the field.
He described the resulting group of 421 winners that were chosen as “setting a new creative benchmark” for the festival and the region.
This year’s regional Grands Prix went to:
- Branded Content & Entertainment: ADK Taiwan, Uni-President, ‘House of Little Moments Campaign’ in Creative Effectiveness.
- Creative Effectiveness: Lowe Lintas and Partners Mumbai, Hungama Digital Services Mumbai, India, Hindustan Unilever India, ‘Kan Khajura Station – From Dark to Connectivity’
- Design: DDB Group New Zealand, Auckland, Sky History Channel, ‘The Unforgotten Soldiers’
- Digital: Colenso BBDO Auckland, New Zealand, Volkswagen, ‘Reduce Speed Dial’
- Direct: Whybin\TBWA Group Melbourne, Australia, Sports Radio, ‘It’s Your Call’
- Film: Saatchi & Saatchi Hong Kong / Del Campo Saatchi & Saatchi Madrid, Hong Kong, Changyou Online Game Developer, ‘Mother’
- Film Craft: Ramesh Deo Productions Mumbai / Taproot Dentsu Mumbai, India, Bennett Coleman & Co., ‘I am Mumbai’
- Healthcare: No Grand Prix awarded
- Innovation: Grey Group Singapore, Talwar Bindi, ‘Lifesaving Dot’
- Integrated: Leo Burnett Melbourne, Australia, SPC Ardmona, ‘#MyFamilyCan’
- Media: McCann Melbourne, Australia, Tigerair, ‘Infrequent Flyers Club’
- Mobile: Cheil Worldwide Seoul, South Korea, Samsung Electronics, ‘Look at Me’
- Outdoor: Grey Group Singapore, Talwar Bindi, ‘Lifesaving Dot’
- PR: Cheil Worldwide Seoul, South Korea, Samsung Electronics, ‘Look at Me’
- Print: Lowe Indonesia, Jakarta, Unilever Indonesia, ‘Rural’, ‘Urban’
- Print & Poster Craft
- Grand Prix: Lowe Singapore, 3M Singapore, ‘Minestrone Soup’, ‘Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar’, ‘Sangria’
- Promo & Activation: DDB Group New Zealand, Auckland, BMW, ‘Reverse April Fools’
- Radio: No Grand Prix awarded
- Advertiser of the Year: Unilever.
- Network of the Year: 1 BBDO , 2. Leo Burnett, 3. DDB
- Agency of the Year: 1. Colenso BBDO, Auckland; 2. Dentsu, Tokyo; 3. DDB Group New Zealand
- Independent Agency of the Year: 1. CJ Worx, Bangkok; 2. Mori, Toyko; 3. Fred & Farid, Shanghai
- Media Agency of the Year: 1. Starcom Australia, Sydney; 2. ZenithOptimedia, Auckland; 3. OMD China, Shanghai.
- Spikes Palm: 1. morimori, Tokyo; 2. AOI Pro., Tokyo; 3. Primo, Buenos Aires
THE NZ WINNERS
Branded Content & Entertainment
GOLD: Clemenger BBDO Wellington: NZTA Drug Driving (Integration Into An Existing Programme)
SILVER: Y&R Love From Land Rover (Automotive)
BRONZE: Colenso BBDO VW Reduce Speed Dial (Non-fiction series or film)
GOLD: Colenso BBDO Motel Burger King
SILVER: DDB NZ/The Sweet Shop Bangkok, Sky TV On Demand Murmuration (Direction)
SILVER:: DDB NZ/Blockhead, Sky TV On Demand Murmuration (VFX)
SILVER: DDB NZ Lion Live Dive
GOLD: Zenith Optimedia NZ Steinlager National Pride (Use of Screens)
SILVER: FCB/Home Magazine: It’s Not OK (Use of Print)
SILVER: DDB Lion Tweeting Sonar (Digital & Social)
SILVER: DDB Lion Live Dive (Use of Branded Content/Sponsorship
BRONZE: FCB Sony Sideline Challenge (Product launch)
GOLD: Colenso BBDO Mars Pedigree Found (Products)
SILVER: Colenso BBDO Mars Pedigree Found (Activation by Location)
SILVER: Colenso BBDO NZ Book Council (Billboards & Street Posters Charity/Safety)
BRONZE: DDB Group Sky History Channel The Unforgotten Soldiers (Ambient)
GOLD: DDB Group Paw Justice Don’t Trade Me (Public Affairs & Lobbying)
GOLD: Y&R Road Saftey Brake (Safety)
SILVER: Y&R Love From Land Rover (Events/Experiential)
BRONZE: DDB Group Paw Justice Don’t Trade Me (Charities)
SILVER: Colenso BBDO NZ Breast Cancer Foundation A Cream that Gives You Wrinkles (Cosmetics)
Promo & Activation
GOLD: Colenso BBDO VW Reduce Speed Dial (Automotive Services)
SILVER: DDB Group BMW Reverse April Fools (Automotive Services)
BRONZE: DDB Group Sky History Channel The Unforgotten Soldiers (Promo/Events)
SILVER: Colenso BBDO NZ Book Council Auckland Writers Festival (Consumer Services)
SILVER: Colenso BBDO Mars Pedigree Lower Back Tattoo (Other Consumer Products)
SILVER: Colenso BBDO Mars Pedigree Old Sweat Pants (Other Consumer Products)
SILVER: Colenso BBDO NZ Breast Cancer Foundation Awareness (Eduction)
GOLD: Colenso BBDO BNZ Home Load (Dimensional Mailings)
GOLD: Colenso BBDO VW Speed Dial (Targeted Ambient – Small)
- See all medallists & finalists here: www.spikes.asia/winners/2015/
Share this Post