PARIS, Today: Why no NZ AoY? We asked Gerety Awards’ Joe Brooks, who sent us a list of global AoY winners and production companies (scroll down to view the list – focused mainly on the Northern Hemisphere).
The Geretys are the only creative prize to reward advertising campaigns that resonate most with a female audience.
Brooks promptly responded: “Agency of the Year and Prod Co AoY by country is chosen by the local juries from the portfolio cut and requires a single film no longer than 5 minutes in length that includes up to three pieces of work from the past 12 months.
“We only award agency of the year by country where we hold a jury session. For example, the Tokyo jury chose dentsu as the Japanese AoY. Each year we choose different cities to hold the judging.
“We are still considering New Zealand for next year, but only have a handful of jury recommendations.
“But we need 15 judges. We also need to take in to consideration a very poor number of entries from the country this year, so is yet to be decided.
“We are still considering New Zealand for next year, but only have a handful of jury recommendations. We need 15 judges.”
The 2022 Agency/Production Company of the year by country winners are:
- UK Agency of the Year – AMVBBDO
- UK Production Company of the Year – Riff Raff Films
- USA Agency of the Year – McCann New York
- USA Production Company of the Year – Partizan
- Austria Production Company of the Year – mel p filmproductions
- Mexico Production Company of the Year – Oriental Films
- Belgium Production Company of the Year – Hamlet
- Belgium Agency of the Year: BBDO Belgium
- Japan Agency of the Year – Dentsu Inc
- Philippines Agency of the Year – Dentsu Jayme Syfu
About The Gerety Awards
Named after Frances Gerety, the copywriter who coined the slogan “A diamond is forever”, the awards mark the first time that juries have been brought together to select the best in advertising – all advertising, not just advertising made for women – through the female lens.
Share this Post