CAANZ has set up an interactive seminar to bring agencies up to speed on the Commerce Commission’s hard attitude to false advertising.
“If they find you fudging it, the penalties will cost you in dollars and reputation for both agency and client,” says CAANZ professional development manager Marlen Smith.
“Anyone working on advertising needs to hear this. Get your head out of the sand. Ignorance will not cut it.”
The seminar will feature Nick Kovacevich, a member of law firm Wynn Williams’ Auckland-based corporate & commercial team, who will illustrate recent case studies and provide the tools and insights to avoid prosecution.
Kovacevich has worked with agencies in London, Europe and New Zealand; and corporates, including McDonald’s, Sky and Nestlé.
“He’s bright, sharp, and funny and gets our industry,” Smith says. “He’ll give you real examples of some of the significant cases involving Vodafone, Ribena and Telecom, to name but a few …”
- What’s new in the law, what’s changed, and what you really, really need to know.
- Recognising when an idea is crossing the line and what to do about it.
- What it will cost if you get it wrong.
- How to get it right.
Who should go? “If you are working in advertising and have any input into creating ideas, copy, terms & conditions, direction and signing off, you need to be there,” Smith says.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- When: Wednesday 16 March, 5.30pm-7pm.
- Cost: CAANZ members $85+gst. Non- members $120+gst (agencies will be invoiced by CAANZ under normal terms of trade).
- To book: Contact CAANZ finance manager Stephanie Bateman – firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 491 116 or 09 303 0435
- Book by: Friday 11 March (with name, position, contact details).
- Queries: Phone Marlen Smith (09 303 0435)
Drinks and finger food will be available.
- See here
Share this Post