AUCKLAND, Monday: oOh!media is today launching a new awards programme to recognise its most innovative-out of-home campaigns of 2019, and is now calling on the NZ ad/media sector to vote for the best.
Seven finalists for InnoOh!vation Award were selected from a larger pool of innovative campaigns …
- Breast Cancer Foundation Take a stand: This campaign saw the launch of the country’s first bus shelter donation panel. The panel was located on Auckland’s Queen St and featured a designated tap-and-go device enabling commuters to donate $3 to the charity using either a payWave-enabled credit card or smartphone.
- ASB Clever Choices with Clever Kash: This campaign was created by media agency Carat and creative agency True. Its focus was an interactive game using oOh!’s fully interactive and measurable Excite panels. The campaign ran twice, with Clever Kash donning his All Blacks Jersey for the second burst during the Rugby World Cup.
- Mondelez Caramilk is Back: To celebrate the launch of Caramilk returning to shelves, oOh!’s experiential team created a four-metre block of Caramilk, with 750 blocks of hidden chocolate samples. The messages were placed on oOh’s retail assets in close proximity to retailers who stocked Caramilk.
- Red Bull Organic Sodas: To celebrate the launch of the Red Bull Organics soda range and showcase the 100% organic ingredients within the can, the back and roof of a bus shelter were covered in greenery and organic oranges & lemons for commuters and members of the public to pluck from the shelter wall. The special build campaign also featured an orange scent emanating from the shelter to enhance the experience.
- Purina & SPCA Pawfect Match: Nestle Purina partnered with SPCA to showcase the types of pets that are available for adoption across NZ, using the Excite panels.
- Air NZ Rugby World Cup: To celebrate Air NZ’s partnership with the All Blacks, Dentsu created a content management platform called D4 that pushed out creative messaging across online and OOH assets in unison. The D4 platform allowed Air NZ to control the message on the street in real-time, and engage kiwis through relevant, time-based messaging.
- Trade Me Live From Trade Me’s News Desk: This campaign was developed through Trade Me’s desire to showcase the breadth and depth of its platform through multiple unique creatives per day running across numerous OOH formats, through a collaboration with Trade Me and MBM.
“Up for grabs are $10,000 worth of media, plus a pair of Apple AirPods Pro.”
The winner of the most innovative campaign will take home a prize pack including $10,000 worth of media. There is also a prize for those who vote, with a pair of Apple AirPods Pro up for grabs.
oOh!media NZ GM Nick Vile said: “The awards are an excellent way of recognising the campaigns from 2019 that have pushed the boundaries of OOH and used oOh!’s extensive network in a compelling and innovative way.
“Every day we are seeing more and more briefs pushing the creative boundaries of what’s possible, and we’re thrilled to launch these awards as a way of recognising those advertisers who are prioritising their creative thinking to realise the potential of our medium,” he said.
“It was certainly a hard task selecting our finalists, but we believe each candidate delivered a truly unique campaign in their own way, and I think it will be a tight race to determine the winner.”
The competition closes on Monday 6 January, with the winner to be announced by Friday 10
Share this Post