SYDNEY, Thursday: NSW-based JCDecaux Australia & NZ’s new ceo Steve O’Connor has unveiled the new leadership team for the combined JCDecaux and APN Outdoor businesses on both sides of the Tasman, following the successful closing of the APN and JCDecaux deal last month.
“It will be business as usual for the two companies during the integration planning phase, which will be implemented in the new year,” O’Connor said, in a statement (issued by Third Ave PR Sydney).
Joining O’Connor, will be …
- Chief operating officer Andrew Hines, currently Sydney-based COO at APN Outdoor where he has spent 16 years;
- CFO Brendan O’Neil, who joined JCDecaux in 1998, when the company entered the Australian market;
- Chief commercial officer Max Eburne, who will have a focus on all advertiser and agency revenue;
- chief strategy & innovation officer Jeremy Howe, currently at APN;
- Chief marketing officer Essie Wake, currently CMO at JCDecaux;
- NZ country head Mike Watkins, who is currently in the same role at APN. Prior to joining APN two years ago he was head of social and head of culture at Ogilvy. Watkins also founded Post Creative Group, and has worked as managing partner of DDB and GM of M&C Saatchi.
All – except Mike Watkins – are based in Australia.
O’Connor said: “I am confident that we have the right combination of talent, skills and experience in our new leadership team who will now work together to create a market-leading out-of-home company in Australia and New Zealand.
“As the world’s largest out-of-home advertising company, we can bring all the benefits a global brand can offer and, with the addition of APN Outdoor’s scale and expertise, behave like the market leader that we are.”
The leadership team reports to O’Connor in Australia, and their appointments are effective immediately.
JCDecaux is a global out-of-home advertising company, with more than 1 million advertising panels in more than 80 countries and more than 13,000 employees. Incorporated in 1964 in France, JCDecaux has been providing architecturally designed street furniture in Australia since 1997. Its Australian business includes street furniture and transport advertising.
Share this Post