The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has engaged an all-star lineup to speak at this year’s festival, which will run Saturday-Saturday 18-25 June.
These speakers are worth staying up for:
- Multi-Oscar winning director/screenwriter/producer Oliver Stone, will bring his views on filmmaking, politics and culture to the stage.
- Illusionist David Copperfield will help explore the tension between authenticity, sincerity, honesty and brand messaging.
- Actress/singer/food writer Gwyneth Paltrow will answer probing questions from BBC HARDtalk’s Stephen Sackur
- Documentary filmmaker Jennifer Siebel Newsom will talk about the dramatically changing definition of masculinity.
- CNN host Anthony Bourdain will discuss what it takes to create stories across the spectrum of human emotion, while co-president of
- VICELAND prez Spike Jonze will talk about creating content that matters to young audiences.
At Lions Entertainment, which launches this year and is dedicated to unskippable creativity, Martin Campbell, best known for directing Bond movies Golden Eye and Casino Royale, will talk about his experience of telling stories, working with big entertainment franchises, and integrating brands into his work.
Actor, producer and businessman, Channing Tatum will join the line-up, while Mindy Kaling will bring insight and inspiration from the acting world. Professional wrestling company WWE will be represented by WWE star (and actor) John Cena, along with WWE chief strategy officer and TV personality Stephanie McMahon.
Lions Health, which focuses on life-changing creativity, will bring creativity in science to the fore with Cory Doctorow, science fiction author, blogger and technology activist, and Dr Gokul Krishnan, engineer and the founder of ‘Maker Therapy.’
Also there will be Good Morning America co-anchor Robin Roberts, revered for her courage in sharing her candid battle with myelodysplastic syndrome. She, is an Emmy-winning ABC news anchor who will share her tips on building trust with your audience.
From the world of film, director of 10 Cloverfield Lane, Dan Trachtenberg, has just been confirmed. While from the Pharma industry, Atilla Cansun, chief marketing officer, consumer health, Merck, will join the line-up.
With a focus on Data x Tech x Ideas, Lions Innovation will spotlight upcoming start-ups with Rodney Williams, ceo & co-founder LISNR; and André Ferraz, ceo In Loco Media; as well as Tech heroes like Kamakshi Sivaramakrishnan, founder & ceo at Drawbridge.
Other talent will include Martin Ford, author of The Rise of the Robots, who will give his radical prediction of an automated world, as well as cyborg anthropologist, Amber Case, and Matthew Luhn, story supervisor & story instructor at Pixar Animation Studios.
The full programme is now available at www.canneslions.com.
Share this Post