New York, NY: New York Festivals International Advertising Awards competition celebrated the 2018 award-winners at the New York Show gala held Friday at the renowned Jazz at Lincoln Centre’s Frederick P. Rose Hall.
The annual event was hosted by actress and TV personality Debi Mazar and kicked off with a cocktail reception followed by the awards ceremony and an after-party to honour trophy-winners. The spotlight was on the 2018 award-winners as they celebrated with advertising creatives, executive/grand jury members, press and guests from around the globe.
The 2018 executive jury of global and chief creative officers, in addition to NYF’s film craft executive jury, comprised of some of the most creative, technically advanced filmmakers in the industry today, selected the winners from the shortlist chosen by the NYF’s 300+ grand jury members.
The combined 2018 executive juries deliberated and awarded Best of Show, nine Grand Prize wards, 76 first prize awards, 111 second prize awards, and 216 third prize awards.
The coveted 2018 Best of Show Award was awarded to Fearless Girl and McCann New York for client State Street Global Advisors’ SHE fund: an investment fund for companies with more women in leadership.
The statue of a fearless young girl standing up to Wall Street’s Charging Bull became a symbol of female empowerment, the icon of International Women’s Day, a piece of city art, and a social media phenomenon.
People across the world emulated her stance as an expression of personal empowerment. Fearless Girl was in the winner’s circle taking home three Grand Trophies and nine first prize awards.
“The statue of a fearless young girl standing up to Wall Street’s Charging Bull became a symbol of female empowerment, a piece of city art, and a social media phenomenon.”
“We are thrilled that Fearless Girl had caught the world’s attention and that gender diversity in the corporate world had a visible champion,” said Devika Bulchandani, president of McCann New York. “To be recognised by your peers for the continued impact she is having with the Best of Show honours is exhilarating and humbling.”
McCann Worldgroup was in the spotlight; the network was honoured with the title of 2018 Network of the Year. The network earned, along with the 2018 Best of Show and three Grand Awards, a staggering 18 first prize awards, 19 second prize awards, 21 third prize awards, and 96 Finalist Certificates.
BBDO NZ got two more
Clemenger BBDO Wellington also won – a first prize for the NZ Human Rights Commission Give Nothing To Racism featuring Taika Waititi. The piece was written for Waititi in his tone, to ensure the message had the credibility it needed.
Colenso BBDO also picked a third prize award for DB Export Beer Bottle Sand.
The 2018 executive jury awarded the following prominent agencies with Grand Awards for their exceptional entries:
- ACTIVATION & ENGAGEMENT: McCann New York, USA Fearless Girl State Street Global Advisors.
- AVANT-GARDE: McCann New York, USA Fearless Girl State Street Global Advisors.
- DIRECT & COLLATERAL: FF Paris, France Libe des refugies Libération.
- FILM – CINEMA / ONLINE / TV: Saatchi & Saatchi New York, USA It’s a Tide Ad Campaign Procter & Gamble – Tide.
- INTEGRATED: Colenso BBDO Auckland, New Zealand, The Child Replacement Programme Mars / Pedigree.
- MEDIA: Saatchi & Saatchi New York, USA It’s a Tide Ad Campaign Procter & Gamble – Tide.
- OUTDOOR / OUT of HOME MARKETING: McCann New York, USA Fearless Girl State Street Global Advisors.
- PRINT: Akestam Holst NOA Stockholm, Sweden IKEA Pee Ad IKEA Sweden.
- PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS / COMMUNICATIONS: FF Paris, France Libe des Refugies Libération.
- Festival site: www.nyfadvertising.com
- The juries: newyork-festivals-trn9.squarespace.com/2018-executive-jury
- All winners here: nyfadvertising.com/2018winners
Share this Post