SYDNEY, Wednesday: The NZ Herald, Stuff, and the Waikato Times are among the finalists for the NewsMediaWorks’ 2019 News Media Awards just announced in NSW.
New Zealand news media publishers scored a total of 25 finalists.
From a field of 500 entries from New Zealand, Australia and the Asia Pacific region, the awards recognise excellence in news publishing.
The finalists include:
- Daily News Brand of the Year – The NZ Herald, Stuff (NZ), Herald Sun, The Advertiser, The Age, The Australian and AFR Weekend.
- Weekend News Brand of the Year – The NZ Weekend Herald, The Age, The Australian
- Financial Review, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Weekend Australian.
- Regional News Brand of the Year – Waikato Times (NZ), Geelong Advertiser, Northern Territory
The 2019 News Media Awards winners will be announced on Tuesday 24 September 24th at The Ivy Sydney.
- The full list of finalists here
NewsMediaWorks represents ANZ’s leading news media publishers. Established in 2006, its stakeholders are Nine Entertainment Co, News Corp Australia and Seven West Media’s West Australian Newspapers.
Share this Post