D&AD judging week has come to a close in London, with NZ recording one of its best years ever at this prestigious British show – a 30-Pencil haul and an overall ranking of 5th equal.
- 1st: United Kingdom – 217 Pencils
- 2nd: United States – 143 Pencils
- 3rd: France – 48 Pencils
- 4th: Japan – 44 Pencils
- Joint 5th: Brazil and New Zealand – 30 Pencils
- 7th: Australia – 29 Pencils
- 8th: Singapore – 28 Pencils
- 9th: Germany – 25 Pencils
- Joint 10th: UAE and Colombia – 14 Pencils
In total, 749 Pencils were awarded. Grey London was the most awarded agency, winning 15 Pencils.
- At this Google Drive link, you will find a selection of images from the last day of judging and shots from the opening day of the D&AD Festival yesterday: drive.google.com/drive
- You will also be able to find images from the previous two days of Judging here
- For a closer look at all Pencil winning work across all categories:
- To keep up with all the latest from D&AD judging, look out for the official #DandAD16 hashtag on Twitter, or visit the live-blog: www.dandad.org/en/d-ad-festival-hub
Pencil winners will have to wait until the awards ceremony on Thursday 19 May to see what kind they’ve won – Wood, Graphite, Yellow, White or Black.
All 749 Pencils will appear in the 54th D&AD Annual published later this year.
Black Pencil judging takes place today. “It is one of the most anticipated – and rigorous – sessions,” said D&AD president Andy Sandoz. “It is also the one that is the most difficult for our jury foremen, because selecting the best of the best from what is already a list of world-beating work is an almost impossible task. I’m excited to see which work, if any, claims a coveted Black Pencil.”
Share this Post