NEW YORK, Last night: New Zealand has five entries through to the shortlist The One Club’s 101st ADC Annual Awards for Creativity. The shortlist features work from 46 countries.
Four of the five are out of Auckland-based brand agency Osborne Shiwan, which specialises in strategic thinking and art direction. The fifth spot went to Wellington’s Klim Type Foundry – a regular winner on the global awards stage.
- Osborne Shiwan, Te Wheke, Atamira Dance Company, Brand / Communication Design, Posters, Traditional, Series
- Osborne Shiwan, Godavari Diamonds, Packaging Design, Fashion / Apparel / Accessories
- Osborne Shiwan, Godavari Diamonds, Packaging Design, Innovation
- Klim Type Foundry The Epicene Collection, Typography, Typefaces/Font Systems
- Osborne Shiwan, Te Wheke, Atamira Dance Company, Typography, Poster
Shortlisted entries are those that made it into the second round of judging, which is taking place now. This year’s finalists — entries which will win a Gold, Silver or Bronze Cube or Merit — will be announced later this month.
A total of 2183 entries are shortlisted this year. The top five countries are the US with 984, Germany with 239, China with 234, Canada with 155, and Japan with 128. Australia has 16.
The ADC 101st Annual Awards ceremony will take place in person during Creative Week 2022 on Wednesday 18 May at Gotham Hall in New York.
About Osborne Shiwan
Osborne Shiwan was founded in 2006. Creative directors Lloyd Osborne (an Axis Awards judge) and Shabnam Shiwan have worked with some of New Zealand’s most influential brands and their work has been recognised internationally within the areas of commerce, arts and culture.
Their clients include:
- Atamira Dance Company
- Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki
- Govett-Brewster Art Gallery / Len Lye Centre
- New Zealand Opera
- Auckland War Memorial Museum
- Karen Walker
- Godavari Diamonds
- Forsyth Barr
- ASB Bank
- Nourish Group
- Euro Bar and Restaurant
- Love Taupō
Share this Post