Paris, June 13 – Publicis Groupe clients will have to pay their own entry fees to the Cannes Lions 2018. This is the consequence of Publicis’ announcement last year that it would shift its promotional budget away from industry events and awards shows until 1 July 1 in order to focus on the development of its Marcel platform.
“Publicis Groupe has kept to its own strict rules concerning awards submissions and has not entered any work in this year’s Cannes Lions festival on its own behalf, bar one exception,” said chairman/ceo Arthur Sadoun, in a global statement issued this morning.
“In support of creative excellence and out of respect for this awards submission pause, some of the Groupe’s clients and partners have taken on the cost of entering [399 campaigns to date] what they consider to be award-worthy campaigns developed by Publicis Groupe agencies.”
The only exception to this is BBH London’s 3 Billboards campaign for Justice4Grenfell, the organisation trying to get justice for the victims of the 2017 Grenfell Tower disaster in London.
“Publicis Groupe is proud to support this cause and creativity for good at the Cannes Lions,” Sadoun said.
“The only exception is BBH London’s 3 Billboards campaign for Justice4Grenfell.
Publicis Groupe attendees at the Lions 2018
- 12 Publicis Groupe leaders have been invited to attend as jury presidents or as part of the awarding juries. Their presence will be financed by the Cannes Lions, in line with the festival’s policy of covering the cost of all delegates, from any company, who serve on its juries.
- 12 additional Publicis Groupe leaders are members of the shortlist juries and will not be attending the Festival.
- 12 members of the Publicis Groupe community have been invited by the festival to compete in Young Lions competitions after winning at regional stage competitions.
- 25 Publicis Groupe employees have been invited to attend Cannes Lions by their clients and by other industry partners.
- 15 Publicis Groupe employees have decided to attend the Festival by personally funding their trip.
- 20 Publicis Groupe account leaders will be participating in key client meetings taking place in Cannes – not attending the festival. Their presence will be funded by Publicis Groupe.
Share this Post