More New Zealanders are tuning their radios into RNZ National. New survey figures show RNZ National reaches a weekly cumulative audience of 529,000 listeners or 11.1% of the total radio audience.
NewstalkZB is credited with 503,000 weekly listeners and Radio Live 251,000.
But music remains supreme. The Edge boasts a massive weekly cume audience of 662,000 listeners.
These results relate to live radio listening in New Zealand by people aged 10 years and over, nationwide, for the period January 31 to July 2 2016.
Among all radio stations in New Zealand, RNZ National’s station share of 11.1 % makes it Number 1 nationwide (among people 10+). Its audience of 529,000 listeners makes it Number 2 station for cume audience size nationwide.
Weekly cumulative audience figures for particular programmes on RNZ National are shown below, and relate to ‘live’ broadcast listening of people aged 10 years and over.
- Morning Report (6am-9am) 385,900 listeners
- Nine to Noon with Kathryn Ryan 281,700 listeners
- Jesse Mulligan 1-4pm 231,000 listeners
- Checkpoint with John Campbell (5pm-6:30pm) 243,700 listeners
- Nights with Bryan Crump 170,300 listeners
- Saturday Morning with Kim Hill (Saturday 8am-12pm) 215,800 listeners
- Sunday Morning with Wallace Chapman (Sunday 7am-12pm) 234,400 listeners
Share this Post