Lotto and Mercury Energy held on to 1st and 2nd spots from last month, says Colmar Brunton client executive Andy Strain introducing the latest Top 10.
“FCB’s infamous Pak’n Save Stickman overtook ANZ to claim 3rd position for April, with their Commonwealth Games themed tvc,” he said.
“Keep New Zealand Beautiful debuts on the list at 6th place with David Fane’s depiction of Mother Nature.
“And Saatchi and Toyota really produced the goods with two ads in the Top 10 this month.”
Top 10 Ads in April 2018
1. Lotto Imagine – Armoured Truck, DDB, Scoundrel (Tim Bullock)
2. Mercury Energy The Great Escape, FCB
3. Pak’n Save Stickman, FCB, Waxeye
4. ANZ The Neighbours Pool, FCB
5. Specsavers Series, produced in-house in Sweden (director Mats Stenberg). NZ PR from Mango
6. Keep New Zealand Beautiful Mama Nature, FCB, Tomorrowland (Justin Harwood)
7. Toyota Drive Happy Project, Saatchi & Saatchi, Robber’s Dog (Adam Stevens)
8. Toyota The Real Road Experts, Saatchi & Saatchi, Flux (Laban Dickinson)
9. KiwiRail Scenic Journeys, Clemenger BBDO/Touchcast
10. Air New Zealand #Wheretonext, True
IN THEIR OWN WORDS
1. Lotto Imagine – Armoured Truck
- “It tells a story and the actors are very good.”
- “The lotto ads are always something that catch my eye. The current one on in the armoured truck is something I feel I can relate to a bit and it would be bloody nice to win the lotto.”
- “My favourite because it tells a story with a twist.”
- “Very human and makes you feel good.”
- “I like it because it is a great story. I like how the morality of the choices in the story are relatable and believable. I love the happy ending. The first time I saw it I was really sucked into the fear of the man who was being driven away and that the consequences were huge for him. Also the acting was believable.”
2. Mercury Energy The Great Escape
- “It is funny as well as displaying some aspects of having an electric car.”
- “It’s a good example of the NZ tvc industry at its creative best with humour, high production values and a worthwhile message.”
- “So different and funny.”
- “It’s different and funny even after watching it many times.”
- “I really like how it’s increasing awareness of electric vehicles.”
3. Pak’n Save Stickman Series
- “They have a clear and simple message, as well as being clever and funny.”
- “Always humorous and topical.”
- “They compete to keep things low, like prices. Like the simplicity and constant message of series.”
- “I love the mild humour.”
HOW THIS CHART WAS PRODUCED
The TV Top 10 is produced by Colmar Brunton (www.colmarbrunton.co.nz) exclusively for M+AD Daily. Readers may reproduce all or parts of it without authorisation – but we do ask for a M+AD/Colmar Brunton credit.
Colmar Brunton completed 1000 interviews online over a period of one week (from Sunday 11 March11 to Sunday 18 March) for this report. Respondents were incentivised with Fly Buys points. The interviewees were all aged 18+ and the margin of error is +/- 2.6%.
To view all the M+AD/Colmar Brunton Top 10 charts for the past 12 months, click the Top10 button in the menu on the home page at www.mad-daily.com.