The Newspaper Advertising Awards on Thursday 2 October will see one talented creative team walk away with $10,000 cash. “The work has been put to the test, and the awards are shaping up to be an inspiring, entertaining evening of celebration,” says News Works marketing executive Kirsty Atkins.
Samantha Hayes will emcee the event, and the guest speaker will be DDB Chief Creative Officer: Damon Stapleton.
The awards celebrate smart thinking in creative, media and digital and include the grand prize of $10,000 cash to be awarded to the best of the best – the Newspaper Ad of the Year. There are also six category awards:
- Best Media Thinking: Any idea that has clever media thinking at its core
- Best Craft – Art: Best use of typography, illustration, image or overall art direction craft in Newspaper advertising
- Best Craft – Copy: Best use of copywriting in Newspaper advertising
- Best Digital: Best use of Newspaper’s digital assets
- Best Topical: Newspaper is an immediate medium. This category recognises the best use of that unique property
- Best News Brand Campaign: Recognises best use of newspaper across minimum of two assets – print & website, or print & app).
Judges comprise a top NZ creative and media panel (yet to be announced) and guest international judges Alex Grieve and Adrian Rossi – ECDs of AMV BBDO London.
The 2014 awards evening in the Sir Paul Reeves Building at AUT begins with pre-drinks at 5.30pm, awards ceremony and speaker at 6.30pm and post-event celebrations with George FM’s Aroha Harawira at 7.30pm.
The show is free, but you’ll need to RSVP to secure yourself a ticket to the event. Visit www.newspaperawards.co.nz.
Share this Post