’Tis the season of Top 10 events. Yesterday we featured Facebook’s; today we turn to YouTube. There’s two lists – the top 10 videos viewed by Kiwis in 2014, and the top 10 music videos in NZ.
Collectively these 10 videos have hundreds of millions of views and more than 16 million cumulative subscribers who regularly return to check out the latest vids.
- Frozen – Let It Go singalong, Official Disney soundtrack
- Bars & Melody, Simon Cowell’s Golden Buzzer act From Britain’s Got Talent
- Wheels On The Bus Nursery Rhymes, 54min compilation from LittleBabyBum!
- Look Up, spoken word film for an online generation
- Mutant Giant Spider Dog (SA Wardega)
- Safety in Paradise #airnzsafetyvideo
- First Kiss, 20 strangers meet and kiss
- Giant Princess Egg Kinder Surprise, Disney Frozen 3D, Minnie & Mickey Play Doh Eggs
- Best Classroom April Fools Prank Ever, students play pranks on their professor
- Lip Sync Battle with Emma Stone
- When it comes to music in New Zealand, 2014 was a year of powerful female artists, with women taking seven of the top 10 spots. For once, Lorde does not feature at all. YouTube says the top 10 music videos were collectively played billions of times.
- Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass
- Iggy Azalea – Fancy
- Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
- Nicki Minaj – Anaconda
- Katy Perry – Dark Horse
- Chris Brown – Loyal`
- Sia – Chandelier
- Ariana Grande – Problem
- Jason Derulo – Wiggle, featuring Snoop Dogg
- Sam Smith – Stay With Me
Share this Post