SYDNEY, Today: DDB New Zealand – with an astonishing 50 entries – stands out in the finals list just released for Australia’s AWARD Awards.
Apart from Clemenger Wellington (with a modest six finalists), and Auckland indie Raydar (one), NZ agencies were largely missing in action.
By section, those agencies with the most finalists include:
- Advertising – DDB Group New Zealand with 25; CHE Proximity and The Monkeys with 16; Clemenger BBDO Wellington and Special Group Australia with 11; BMF, DDB Sydney and TBWA/Sydney with 8; TBWA/Melbourne with 7 and Leo Burnett Melbourne 6.
- Design – DDB Group New Zealand, Raydar and TBWA\HAKUHODO with 3; BMF, CHE Proximity, Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development, Houston Group, Liquorish Brand and Digital, Rabbit Content, TBWA\India, and The Monkeys with 2.
- Craft – Revolver/Will O’Rourke with 24; Finch with 18; Good Oil with 17; Sweetshop with 10; DDB Group New Zealand and Scoundrel with 9; Alt.vfx, CHE Proximity and The Editors with 6; ARC Edit, Assembly, DDB Sydney and TBWA\Sydney with 6.
- Film & Entertainment – BMF with 14; DDB Group New Zealand with 9; DDB Sydney and The Monkeys with 8, CHE Proximity with 5, Special Group Australia with 4, and Bear Meets Eagle on Fire and Finch with 3.
- Innovation – CHE Proximity and Leo Burnett Melbourne with 2; Clemenger BBDO Sydney, DDB Group New Zealand, LIDA Australia and Ogilvy Sydney all with 1.
- Media – DDB Group New Zealand with 4; CHE Proximity and Special Group Australia with 3 and M&C Saatchi with 2.
- Purpose – CHE Proximity with 6; Ogilvy Group Thailand, TBWA\HAKUHODO, TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno and The Monkeys all with 2.
- Planning (APG Creative Strategy) – BMF with 9; Clemenger BBDO Wellington with 6; DDB Sydney and Host/Havas with 3; CHE Proximity, M&C Saatchi and whiteGREY all with 2.
- Planning (Brand Building) – only winners will be announced.
The AWARD Awards ceremony will take place on Friday 27 March at The Venue, Alexandria as the culmination of a three-day AWARD Creative Festival that will incorporate live judging to award metal as well as a number of other events.
Three Kiwi jurists
VMLY&R ECD Kim Pick is chairing the Sound jury, Contagion CD Bridget Taylor sits on the Digital jury, and FCB CD Leisa Wall’s on the Print/Poster/Dark Arts jury.
More here: awardonline.com
Share this Post