Specsavers – never out of the Top 10 – continues to hold the top spot for the second month running. Debuts this month include Rainger & Rolfe’s Yellow Sheep, Assignment’s Independence Dance. and Clemenger’s quite brilliant Local Legends makes a strong return after a no-show last month.
Top 10 Favourite TV Ads in March 2015
- Specsavers Postman Pat, MediaCom (shot offshore)
- AA Life Yellow Sheep, Rainger & Rolfe, Film Construction (Perry Bradley)
- NZTA Drink Driving Local Legends, Clemenger BBDO Wellington, Finch (Patrick Hughes)
- Kiwibank Independence Dance, Assignment Group, Waitemata Films (Rob Sarkies)
- ICC Cricket World Cup, CHE Proximity Melbourne, The Sweet Shop (Ben Quinn)
- NZI Devil’s Chair, FCB, Assembly (dir Damon Duncan)
- Pak n’ Save Stickmen series, FCB, Waxeye (Paul James/Paul Carter)
- Nova Energy Mr Rover, Clemenger BBDO Wellington
- Fujitsu Heat Pumps Flem & Nathan, Raw Advertising, Sauce Wellington (Chris Canton)
- 30 Seconds Best of Spray and Walk Away, Clarke Newton Auckland.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS …
“This ad comes up with new ideas all the time and they are very clever, funny and entertaining. There are not many ads that I actually watch but this one is definitely worth watching.”
“Humorous and there is no doubt as to what they are advertising.”
“They are always funny.”
“I just love the humour in them. Family friendly with no rude context.”
“They are all very funny.”
No 2: AA Life
“Just generally a cute ad.”
“Really like the bit with the lamb jumping.”
No 3: NZTA Drink Driving Local Legends
“Uses humour but gets the message through.”
“I like the funny nature of the ad as it sends the message to the youth.”
“It is a serious subject tackled with a bit of humour”
“I think this ad sends out an important message about not just drink driving itself but also about how random people can stop others from drink driving.”
“It delivers a serious message with humour.”
2. AA Life
3. NZTA Drink Driving
5. ICC Cricket World Cup
7. Pak n’ Save
8. Nova Energy
9. Fujitsu Heat Pumps
10. Spray and Walk Away
The TVC Top 10 is produced by Colmar Brunton (www.colmarbrunton.co.nz) exclusively for M+AD (anybody may reproduce all or parts of it without authorisation – but we do ask for a M+AD credit).
Colmar Brunton polled 1000 New Zealanders (aged 18+) online March 9-16 for this latest Top 10. Respondents were incentivised with Fly Buys reward points, and the poll has a margin of error of +/- 2.6%.
To see our full back catalogue of Top 10 charts, go to the home page at www.mad-daily.com, scroll down to the TVC Top 10/Colmar Brunton logo in the right-hand column. Click it!
Share this Post