On top for the first time this month is Lotto Mum’s Wish – out of the DDB/The Sweet Shop Imagine series, launched in July. “This,” says Colmar Brunton group account director Annikki Delacey (who supplies our monthly list), “is not surprising as it is a highly emotional ad with great creative qualities.”
At No 2 is FCB’s latest Pak’n Save’s Stickman – a regular on these pages since M+AD started back in 2104. Rounding out the top three is another series almost as legendary – Specsavers Should’ve …
Newcomers this month include New World’s Xmas ad (Colenso/Thick As Thieves), and Special Group’s Powershop Trump (Kiwi kids with big hair!).
Top 10 Ads in November 2016
1. Lotto: Mum’s Wish, DDB, The Sweet Shop
2 Pak’nSave: Stickman, FCB, Waxeye
3. Specsavers: Should’ve (handled in NZ by MediaCom)
4. Vodafone: Piggy Sue, FCB, Revolver
5. Toyota: The Real Road Experts, Saatchi, Flux
6. New World: It Must be Christmas, Colenso BBDO, Thick As Thieves
7. KiwiRail: Scenic Journeys, Clemenger BBDO, The Sweet Shop
8. Powershop: Trump, Special Group
9. Holden Colorado: Tow Truck, Special Group
10. Nova: Greg Grover from Nova, Clemenger BBDO, Curious
IN THEIR OWN WORDS
1. Lotto Mum’s Wish
- Commercial that gives a message of love and hope while also appealing to consumers to purchase a product.
- Gives me the feels 🙂
- It’s my favourite as I love the idea of this happening.
- Good sentiment and joyful even with the loss in the advert.
- Human side to story that you could relate to and no-one yells at you to do anything, tests your intelligence on how stupid they think you are, nor does it appear foreign made, foreign presented or foreign fronted.
- Because everyone would be just as happy to dig up gold bars.
- It tells a story.
- It’s quirky.
2. Pak’NSave: Stickman
- I think they are funny and creative.
- The ads are catchy, simple and easy symbolism. The messages are simple to follow and let the consumer know the type of specials that are available.
- I love them because they are actually interesting and funny.
- Amusing and to the point.
- They make me laugh, and they’re simple.
- It is always changing to suit what is happening at the moment.
- The guy is very funny.
3. Specsavers: Should’ve
- Their ads are always injected with humour and tie to their products. Quite funny.
- Funny and memorable.
- I like it because it has a touch of humour.
The TV Top 10 is produced by Colmar Brunton (www.colmarbrunton.co.nz) exclusively for M+AD. Anybody may reproduce all or parts of it without authorisation – but we do ask for a M+AD/Colmar Brunton credit.
Colmar Brunton completed 1000 interviews online from Wednesday 9 November to Wednesday 16 November for this report. Respondents were incentivised with Fly Buys points. The interviewees were all aged 18+ and the margin of error is +/- 2.6%.
To see M+AD’s full back catalogue of Top 10 charts, go to the home page of this site, click on Top10 in the menu.