FCB and Colenso BBDO carried the torch for NZ at D&AD last night, winning two Yellow Pencils (roughly equivalent to Gold) in London.
FCB won with its UNICEF Food Photos Save Lives campaign (in the Mobile Marketing-Integrated Mobile Campaigns category) while Colenso won for Amnesty International Trial By Timeline (in Direct Response/Digital.
There were 52 Yellow Pencils and two White Pencils awarded to campaigns from 17 different countries at the awards. 144 campaigns achieved Nominations whilst a further 480 were awarded In Book status, resulting in a total of 680 awarded entries across 43 different countries.
Australia won three Yellow Pencils and one Black Pencil, Japan led Asia with six Yellow Pencils and one Black Pencil India, Singapore, Thailand and China won plenty of Nominations – but no Pencils.
The UK again topped the tables with nine Yellow Pencils, one White Pencil and one Black Pencil. Next came the US, with 12 Yellow Pencils; France scored three Yellow Pencils, Sweden five, and the Netherlands won one White Pencil and three Yellow Pencils.
Brazil was again No 1 in Latin America with two Yellow Pencils.
Ogilvy & Mather Paris was crowned Most Awarded Advertising Agency, Apple was named the Most Awarded Design Agency (earning a Yellow Pencil for its Mac Pro), Unilever was Most Awarded Client and Bacon Copenhagen was the Most Awarded Production Company.
A record seven Black Pencils (for socially progressive, ethical and innovative ads) were awarded this year.
Overall, New Zealand agencies won two Yellow Pencils, six nominations and, one level down, seven In-Books.
- FCB picked up two – for NZI Devil’s Chair (in Animation for Film Advertising), and Brothers in Arms Inside Voice (Direct Response/Digital).
- Colenso BBDO also scored two – for Samsung Smartphone Line (in Ambient) and Amnesty International Trial by Timeline (in Art Direction for Direct).
- Clemenger BBDO scored one for NZTA Blazed (in TVCs 61-120sec).
- Whybin\TBWA scored one for Minds for Minds Meeting of the Minds (Writing for Design).
- DDB for Lion Be The Artist, Not the Canvas (in TVCs 41-60sec).
- Clemenger BBDO for NZTA Expert Opinion (TV & Cinema).
- Curious for NZTA Blazed (Film Advertising Craft).
- Whybin\TBWA for Minds for Minds Meeting of the Minds (Direct).
- Alt Group for Silo Theatre (Graphic Design).
- Colenso BBDO for Amnesty International Trial by Timeline (Animation & Illustration for Digital Marketing).
More at http://www.dandad.org.
Share this Post