AUCKLAND, Today: October’s Top 10 see VTNZ take out the top spot with their humorous Mad Max-themed vehicle servicing ad, reports Colmar Brunton client executive Andy Strain, who compiles our monthly list.
Spark scores a brace this month, placing 2nd for their Generation Voice is Here ad and 10th for the emotional Father’s Day ad.
Interestingly, VTNZ, Mercury, Lotto and NZTA/Police all have ads in the top 10 with stories about driving and being on the road.
Top 10 Ads in October 2018
1. VTNZ Road Commander (FCB, Finch)
2. Spark: Generation Voice is Here (Colenso BBDO, Finch
3. Mercury Energy: The Great Escape (FCB)
4. Pak’n’Save Stickman Series (FCB, Waxeye)
5. KFC Airport (Ogilvy)
6. Specsavers Royal Wedding (produced in-house in Sweden. NZ PR from Mango)
7. Lynx New Zealand It’s all about the confidence (Emotive Australia)
8. Lotto Armoured Truck (Scoundrel/Tim Bullock)
9. NZTA/Police Less Speed Less Harm (Clemenger BBDO)
10. Spark Fathers Day, Colenso BBDO (Finch/Christopher Riggert)
IN THEIR OWN WORDS
1. VTNZ Road Commander
- “Very entertaining and makes something necessary exciting.”
- “Funny, innovative, great characters and shows a fun side to a thing that can be quite unpleasant.”
- “It’s funny our whole family loves the ad.”
- “I just love how he tries to be tough but he looks a big softy. Makes me smile every time it’s on.”
2. Spark Generation Voice is here
- “Relatable and familiar questions kids would ask.”
- “I like the kids in it and the message.”
- “I like the ad because no matter what generation we are from we were always told things like this.”
3. Mercury Energy The Great Escape
- “I like the humour of this ad.”
- “Makes me laugh every time.”
- “Just really enjoy the ad. It is really well done.”
- “Sensational ad, very humourous and highlights Auckland’s night life.”
HOW THIS CHART WAS PRODUCED
The TV Top 10 is produced by Colmar Brunton (www.colmarbrunton.co.nz) exclusively for M+AD Daily. Readers may reproduce all or parts of it without authorisation – but we do ask for a M+AD/Colmar Brunton credit.
Colmar Brunton completed 1000 interviews online over a period of one week (from Wednesday 10 October to Wednesday 17 October) for this report. Respondents were incentivised with Fly Buys points. The interviewees were all aged 18+ and the margin of error is +/- 2.6%.
To view all the M+AD/Colmar Brunton Top 10 charts for the past 12 months, click the Top10 button on the top of the home page at www.mad-daily.com.