Vodafone’s Piggy Sue is still going strong after a year of being on air. “People love the heart-warming story and the cute animal,” says Colmar Brunton client executive Katrin Schulze.
In 2nd place is Toyota’s fluffy Real Road Experts. “Even though people didn’t give a lot of mentions WHY they like the ad it certainly is notable with typical Kiwi humour,” says Schulze.
No 3 is Nova Energy, starring Greg Grover. Schulze: “Even though one respondent described him as ‘a salesman in the street who’s old and wrinkly’, most viewersare smitten by the charismatic salesman starting a Chinese whisper in a suburban neighbourhood.
“It is a funny play of words that people find very enjoyable.”
Just one debut this month – DDB’s new Speight’s campaign, at No 10.
Top 10 Ads in June 2016
1. Vodafone Piggy Sue, FCB, Revolver (Steve Rogers)
2. Toyota The Real Road Experts, Saatchi & Saatchi, Flux (Laban Dickinson)
3. Nova Greg Grover, Clemenger BBDO, Curious Film (Ric Cantor)
4. Lotto Imagine, DDB, The Sweet Shop (Steve Ayson)
5. Air New Zealand Where to Next? True, Exposure (Kevin Denholm)
6. NZTA Hello , Clemenger BBDO, Curious
7. AA Life Yellow Sheep, Rainger & Rolfe, Film Construction (Perry Bradley)
8. Tower Insurance Indestructables, Barnes Catmur & Friends, Finch (Alyssa McClellan)
9. Pak’nSave Stickman series, FCB
10. Speight’s Unfinished Projects, DDB, The Sweet Shop (Damien Shatford)
IN THEIR OWN WORDS
1. Vodafone: Piggy Sue
- It’s just a really fantastic ad.
- It’s cute and touching.
- The piglet looks cute.
- Like the pig and the humour, nice story in it.
- Coz it’s cute.
- He’s so lovable and so is the man, nice to see such a gentle thing.
- Very heart-warming in this day and age.
- it’s very clichéd yet does it in a humorous way.
2. Toyota: The Real Road Experts
- The Possums taking the mickey; typical rural humor.
- I appreciate a giggle.
- Too cute :o)
- Very kiwi.
3. Nova Energy: Nova Greg Grover
- It’s clever, a creative play on words and amusing.
- I think it’s funny.
- Very funny.
- Because it is catchy and quite funny.
- It’s very funny and clever with the rhymes..
- Quite comical
- It’s quirky and makes me giggle each time I see it.
- Just the actor, he is great.
- It has a bit of humour and makes a point. Very well done.
- Just enjoy the simplicity of it.
Colmar Brunton completed 1000 interviews online from Wednesday 25 May to Wednesday 1 June for this report. Respondents were incentivised with Fly Buys points. The interviewees were all aged 18+; the margin of error is +/- 2.6%.
The TV Top 10 is produced by Colmar Brunton (www.colmarbrunton.co.nz) exclusively for M+AD. Anybody may reproduce all or parts of it without authorisation – but we do ask for a M+AD/Colmar Brunton credit.
To see M+AD’s full back catalogue of Top 10 charts, go to the home page of this site, click on Top10 in the menu.