AUCKLAND, Moday: Leading out-of-home company oOh!media has become the major sponsor of The Beacons, and a new commercial partner of the Commercial Communications Council.
Now in their seventh year, The Beacon Awards focus on the industry’s finest media campaigns, and are one of a trio of Comms Council award pillars each year – along with Axis and the Effies.
The council today renewed its entry call for the 2020 Beacons (originally reported in M+AD in December).
oOh!media NZ GM Nick Vile said: “We’re proud to partner with the Communications Council and support The Beacons as a major sponsor.
“This partnership reflects the coming of age of the out-of-home sector as a whole.”
“The focus on innovative and creative media solutions is an excellent alignment with our own business focus,” he said.
“This partnership also reflects the coming of age of our business and the out-of-home sector as a whole.”
Beacons steering committee member Sean McCready (co-founder of MBM) said: “It’s not easy to win a Beacon and even being a finalist is a strong achievement. The Beacon Awards is a really important programme to inspire our talent, particularly the new generation coming through, and push all of us to keep raising the bar.”
The Beacon Awards will be celebrated and awarded at a dinner at Shed 10 in Auckland on Thursday 14 May.
- The call for entries is now live, with all entry categories and forms on the Comms Council website (www.commscouncil.nz)
- An Entry Writing Workshop will take place on Wednesday 29 January. Register your interest at email@example.com
- Entry writing skills workshop: Wednesday 29 January
- Entries close: Tuesday 25 February
- 48hr deadline closes: Thursday 27 February
- Media Agency of the Year entries open: Thursday 27 February
- Preliminary judging (Auckland): Tuesday 24 March
- Preliminary judging (Wellington): Thursday 26 March
- Media Agency of the Year entries close: Thursday 2 April
- Campaign material due: Tuesday 7 April
- Category judging (Auckland): Wednesday 22 April
- Awards Show: Thursday 14 May at Shed 10
Share this Post