Two new arrivals in our latest TVC Top 10 (supplied exclusively to M+AD by Colmar Brunton): 99’s New World Xmas clip, and Air NZ’s Summer Wonderland (shot in Australia!).
The real focus this month should be on DraftFCB & Exposure’s record-breaking Mitre 10 Sandpit kids – the ad was shot by director Kevin Denholm in 2008!
This year, it’s back in our list at #8. All the other ads in our Top 10 have featured previously in M+AD.
Top 10 Ads in December 2016
1. Lotto Mum’s Wish, DDB, The Sweet Shop (Steve Ayson)
2. New World A Little Christmas Magic, 99, Flying Fish
3. Pak’nSave: Stickman, FCB, Waxeye
4. Vodafone: Piggy Sue, FCB, Revolver
5. Air New Zealand Summer Wonderland, Host Sydney, Jungle Sydney (Craig Melville)
6. Tower Insurance Confidence, Barnes Catmur & Friends, Finch (Alyssa McClelland)
7. ASB Clever Kash, Saatchi & Saatchi, Assembly (Damon Duncan)
8. Mitre 10 Sandpit, DraftFCB, Exposure (dir Kevin Denholm)
9. Steinlager Tokyo Dry, DDB, Goodoil (Joel Kefali)
10. Toyota The Real Road Experts, Saatchi & Saatchi, Flux
IN THEIR OWN WORDS
- “It’s a lovely little story to watch, “It pulls at heart strings.” doesn’t have any annoying music and It would probably connect with a lot of people, as it has done with me.”
- “Is a good feel advert that makes you dream of good happy things.” “It’s a lovely little story to watch, “It pulls at heart strings.”
- “It’s my favourite Ad because it makes you happy and sad as well.”
- “Gives the warm fuzzies and a bit of a chuckle.”
- “I love the emotions shown and the connection between memory and the present. Family having fun and remembering good times.”
- “It pulls at heart strings.”
- “It is so very original.”
- “It makes it all the more special because the Santa looks real with the icicles on his beard.”
- “It makes me smile.”
- “It’s seasonal, festive and feel good.”
- “It’s cute.”
- “On trend and enjoyable.”
- “I find it very amusing and I learn from this advert that we invented the number 8 wire.”
- “They always grab your attention due to the clever cartoon aspect and humour.”
- “Very simple but very clever.”
- “They are straight to the point, with some humour.”
- “They are amusing and get across that they can save you money on your groceries.”
The TV Top 10 is produced by Colmar Brunton (www.colmarbrunton.co.nz) exclusively for M+AD. Anybody may reproduce all or parts of it without authorisation – but we do ask for a M+AD/Colmar Brunton credit.
Colmar Brunton completed 1000 interviews online from Wednesday 7 December to Wednesday 14 December for this report. Respondents were incentivised with Fly Buys points. The interviewees were all aged 18+ and the margin of error is +/- 2.6%.
To see M+AD’s full back catalogue of Top 10 charts, go to the home page of this site, click on Top10 in the menu.