Last week (Thursday 21 April), the London-based D&AD organisation provided M+AD (and other global ad media) with the final results of Pencil award winners from D&AD Judging 2016. M+AD has now been informed that the information “requires a slight correction”.
In the release, D&AD included list of the top 10 agencies by Pencils awarded – but NZ’s DDB Group, which should have been included, was missing from the list.
DDB NZ also made the top 10, coming in joint 10th place alongside Google, Leo Burnett Chicago and FCB Chicago on a total of eight Pencils.
Here is the updated list of the top ranking agencies by number of Pencils:
- 1st: Grey London – 15 Pencils
- Joint 2nd: AMV BBDO and R/GA and BBDO New York – 12 Pencils
- 5th: Dentsu Tokyo – 11 Pencils
- Joint 6th: Ogilvy & Mather London and Droga5 and Y&R Auckland and Ogilvy & Mather Singapore – 10 Pencils
- Joint 10th: Google and FCB Chicago and Leo Burnett Chicago and DDB Group New Zealand – 8 Pencils.
This ranking is based on the number of Pencils awarded, winners will have to wait until the awards ceremony at Battersea Evolution in the UK on the Thursday 19 May to see what kind of Pencil they have won – Wood, Graphite, Yellow, White or Black.
- For a closer look at all Pencil winning work here
- The winners PDF here
- The earlier D&AD reports here and here
Share this Post